We looked at a great way of reducing tension and getting your body and mind relaxed with an introduction to Progressive muscle relaxation. Now, let’s extend those great benefits with some additional ones!
Here are 10 additional benefits of PMR:
- A decrease in your heart rate
- A lowering of your blood pressure
- A decrease in your rate of breathing
- Your shoulders and chest will have relaxed, and so your breath will be deeper and not so shallow and high up in the chest.
- Better oxygen levels in your bloodstream
- Your brain wave activity will shift from beta waves to an increase in alpha waves, resulting in a more relaxed mental state with less mental chatter
- Less muscle tension throughout your body
- Decreased anxiety and panic
- Lowers insomnia by relaxing restlessness and racing thoughts
- Reduce nausea
How have you been enjoying PMR in your life? Share it to inspire others at the Chrysalis Psychological Services community. Don’t forget to get your PMR script along with a complimentary audio guided exercise. Grab yours here!
Subscribe to my mailing list to get more valuable content weekly here!